Saturday, August 04, 2007

Time Sure Does Fly

Tonight I did something I have not done in years. I layed down with my son in his bed and just told him stories of when he was a baby. Things he loved to do. Stroking his hair and rubbing his eyebrows, I remembered when he was born and at that moment my Meemaw told me something I have never heard before but will never forget now. "Having children is the hardest pain a person can endure - but the easiest one to forget" I think about that and know it is true. I had Isaac 8 years ago and can not remember any pain of his birth. I remember the hospital, going to labor and the surgery - but no pain. Amazing how one little person can give me so much pain one minute and so much joy for so many long years after the fact. I know for a fact the only reason I am alive right now is because of that little boy. When I found out I was pregnant, I swore to turn it all around and I believe I have. I am stable now and happier than I have been in many years. I can only hope the fears he had before are only distant memories now. I hope I can give him a better life than I had ever dreamed of. My youth sucked that is no secret and I believe if it were not for Isaac - my adulthood would suck too. For this I love him more and more every single day of his life.

No comments: